Dogs Needing Homes
Manny is a bright, charming Border Collie/Rat Terrier cross who is looking for an active home. Manny is almost 5 years old. Whether you want a jogging partner or want to try dog sports like flyball, disc, agility, or weight pull, Manny could do it all! Manny loves to play chase, ball, and wrestle!
Manny is a young adult who came to SDR from Tennessee when his family moved away and left him in the yard to fend for himself. Because of having to fend for himself, Manny has a very high prey drive and would not be good for a home with cats or small animals. Manny is housetrained and crate trained, and settles very nicely in the house as long as he gets enough exercise. He loves to cuddle and is the perfect size to snuggle up with. He has been very soft and submissive with everyone he has met.
Manny needs ongoing mental exercise just as much as he needs physical exercise. He's a fast learner, and is easily motivated by food, toys, and games. If Manny does not get this simulation and burn off energy he will become anxious and will act out.
Manny will need to go to a home with no other dogs because when he gets excited he directs that excitement on them.
If you are looking for a smart, active, fun-loving little guy to be your constant companion, please contact Small Dog Rescue and ask for Manny! He is neutered, microchipped, heartworm tested, and up-to-date on shots as well as being current on flea & tick preventative, heartworm preventative, and de-worming. His adoption fee is $250 and he can't wait to go home with you!
- You must fill out an adoption application before you are allowed to meet the animal. Please complete the adoption application located on our website.
- Small Dog Rescue of MN does not negotiate the adoption fee on our dogs and we must charge sales tax on all adoption fees in order to comply with Minnesota state law. Please note that SDR is philosophically opposed to the idea of buying and selling animals, and we support any future legislation that would remove sales tax from adoption fees. Until then, however, we must charge it.
- We are offering a microchip placement for your resident dog for small donation to our rescue
- Please note that we do not have a shelter, and all dogs are in foster homes.
Since we strive to provide the best possible care for our animals, sometimes we cannot answer emails promptly. Please allow 48 hours for us to respond to you.
- You must be 18 years of age to make an adoption request