Dogs Needing Homes
Watson is a Pomeranian who weighs about 14 lbs.. We think he is between 5 and 6 years old but cannot be sure as he came from a shelter as a stray. He is a fast learner and seems like a smart alert dog. He already knows sit, down, and roll over and we have almost taught him turn around in only 5 min. Watson is very people friendly and will come right over to you to be petted. He loves belly rubs and getting his head scratched and will nudge you with his nose if you stop as if to say keep going that feels good. He is a cuddlier and loves to spend time with you just sitting on the couch. Watson is generally calm but loves squeaky toys and playing fetch. We have a few squeaky balls that have become his new favorite toys. He also likes going on walks and being outside. Watson is housebroken. He is not crate trained, but is reliable to be left alone out in a home. Watson has beautiful markings and has a good amount of hair. He will therefore need to be brushed about once a week if possible. He is very tolerant of being touched and will let you brush him with no problems, but he does not care for being picked up and will let out a little growl sometimes when you try to move him but we are already working with him on this and he seems to be improving. He is fine with our dog and they sometime play but he really just wants to be with people. Overall, Watson is a great all around dog that would love a caring forever home. He is neutered, up to date on shots, heart worm tested, de wormed, on heart worm preventative, frontlined, and micro-chipped. His adoption fee is $350.
- You must fill out an adoption application before you are allowed to meet the animal. Please complete the adoption application located on our website.
- Small Dog Rescue of MN does not negotiate the adoption fee on our dogs and we must charge sales tax on all adoption fees in order to comply with Minnesota state law. Please note that SDR is philisophically opposed to the idea of buying and selling animals, and we support any future legislation that would remove sales tax from adoption fees. Until then, however, we must charge it.
- We are offering a microchip placement for your resident dog for small donation to our rescue
- Please note that we do not have a shelter, and all dogs are in foster homes.
Since we strive to provide the best possible care for our animals, sometimes we cannot answer emails promptly. Please allow 48 hours for us to respond to you.
- You must be 18 years of age to make an adoption request