Dogs Needing Homes
Poppy is a 12 year old chi mix. She is the most lovable little lady and is a very devoted lap dog. She weighs about 5 pounds and enjoys being picked up, loved and cuddled. She is completely house trained, comes on command and walks beautifully on a leash. She is content sleeping near you on a blanket if you are around during the day and at your feet at night. She is not at all handicapped by the fact that she is missing her right eye and it gives her quite an endearing look. Poppy melts the hearts of everyone she meets and is looking forward to a family that can give her a happy, loving home. She has lived with dogs, cats, and kids and tolerates them all well as long as they are nice to her. She is spayed, up to date on shots, heart worm tested, on heart worm preventative, frontlined, de-wormed, and micro-chipped, dental, and hernia repair. Her adoption fee is $325.
- You must fill out an adoption application before you are allowed to meet the animal. Please complete the adoption application located on our website.
- Small Dog Rescue of MN does not negotiate the adoption fee on our dogs and we must charge sales tax on all adoption fees in order to comply with Minnesota state law. Please note that SDR is philisophically opposed to the idea of buying and selling animals, and we support any future legislation that would remove sales tax from adoption fees. Until then, however, we must charge it.
- We are offering a microchip placement for your resident dog for small donation to our rescue
- Please note that we do not have a shelter, and all dogs are in foster homes.
Since we strive to provide the best possible care for our animals, sometimes we cannot answer emails promptly. Please allow 48 hours for us to respond to you.
- You must be 18 years of age to make an adoption request